Wednesday, December 25, 2013

I"m really not a blogger. I see from going over this I have posted pictures twice and told the same story!!

What can one say, but that an old mind afflicts us all in the end :)  I went over my blog and noticed that here I am being like my mom and also Tim's mother...  I for one am glad I was never bothered by that behaviour hee hee.  I continued to laugh and enjoy the stories as much the second and third time.

Some would argue that 58 is not really old...  It is 28 years older than a 30 year old mind I once possessed.  And I would trade for that mind again :)  In fact to be honest  I would like my 40 year old or even my 50 year old mind back!!  Just saying.

So now I will post random pictures.  And I have many video's that are either upside down, side wards or totally in the dark as I forgot to life the back off my smart phone, hmmm.

But I  might be brazen enough to post them and you can just turn your computer, ipad, iphone or what ever device you are using to view this blog.

A short video while walking.  There is so much to look at.  You feel you're constantly in a museum!!  Everything is old and beautiful.  Buildings that have stood since the 1500's!!  Some much older.

Now you have to take this video as only a fun complaint... but I'm not kidding the stairs are everywhere in Paris.  And not just a few.  But as the days went on I got better at it was good for us!!  I think my pants might be getting lose :)
 

VENUS DE MILO  She was unearthed in 1820 on the island of Milos.  It is considered one of the greatest masterpieces of art from antiquity.


 
 
Oh that Mona Lisa Smile.  Did you know that Leonard carry her with him everywhere until the day he sold her.  Interesting tid bit I didn't know about.

Oh so small but well worth


 
The head of John the Baptist.  Reminded me of what a really sad story that was!


Gladiator  by Lysippos 100 B.C.

 
 
Figures from a fountian



STATUE OF SENECA









 
 
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE PHOTO'S AND WHO THEY ARE BY ECT. YOU CAN LOOK AT THIS SIGHT... IT IS A BIG JOB TO LOOK UP ALL OF THEM IN MY BOOK.  THIS IS MOSTLY TO SHOW YOU HOW ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL THE SCULPTURES AND PAINTING ARE.  I WAS IN AWE.  
 
HERE IS A SIGHT YOU CAN LOOK AT FOR NAMES
 

No comments:

Post a Comment