Friday, December 13, 2013

Things that have been going on the last few days.

Well a few days have passed so I have a bunch of pictures to post.  We have been down at the beach almost everyday taking a long walk.  It is so fresh and beautiful down there.  I love it. 

We have also done a few trips down to the city center.  Tim took a fishing trip with Ernst and Leif which was exciting for him.  I opted out as I get sooo sea sick. 

We wandered our way to Gammel Estrup which was a Royal Manor built in the early 1300's and stayed in the same family for generations.  It still stands today with some renovations so the public can enjoy it. It has great historic furnishing, dishes, tapestry and many other items as you will view from the pictures.
   It was a 3 hour affair with great conversation and dreams of some of the things Tim and I would love in our own house :)  Isn't dreaming wonderful?  There was hardly a soul around and we personally enjoyed that.  It gave us lots of time to look and laugh without hesitation. 
 This is a beautiful door into an apartment above a store.  I could see us living there.  The stone work is so beautiful.  As you can see it dates back to1891 and continued to be used as the original building until 1922.  Now apartments.
 This is a statue outside the old jail.  It is suppose to be a man hanging his head... that is what my mom told me at one time.... I can't find any information on it... So as art is art, you may see it as something else! :)
 Tim enjoy the Danish hotdogs.  The best in the world they say... they are tasty.
                                                  The red mail boxes out side the old jail wall.
                              On our way to another day! <3  So nice to be with my best friend!
                                                                      The Boss
                                                                          Grenaa
                                                                         Grenaa


    Now off to the beach.  Many pictures that reflect the wonderful times that we have had so far.  We are thoroughly enjoying our time away and together. 



This was before the big storm that came in.  The winds were up to 135 km an hour.  The house was shaking.  A tree feel in the back over the neighbours driveway.  Tim and Ernst had to cut it up and remove first thing in the morning.  It was scary, I can't lie!  There was lots of damage in low lying area's.  England was just pummeled. 

 This day that we went down to the beach it was so gray.  It was like this when we woke up and it stayed the same colour until sunset.  The picture doesn't really convey the true picture.  The ocean and water and sand were almost the same colour.  It was difficult to determine where land sea and air began and ended.  It was actually kind of eery.  Then it started getting dark.  The waves were slowly coming in, the air was cold and heavy... well you get the picture; it was the making of a scary movie!  




 
 
 

 Ha!  Sooo we're strolling down the beach and what do we see??? Yes you guessed it: people swimming in the ocean.  Some were NAKED!!  Tim said he just couldn't believe how quiet they were.  He said he would be screaming loudly hahaha.


WE WILL BE TRYING THIS!!
         (with our bathing suits)
                                                                            Me

 
TIMOTHY
 


 
 
US
It was very chilly this day.  Had to wrap up!  I had two tops on and two pairs of pants on.  A ten pound coat and a big scarf.  It was toasty.  We I got home and changed I felt so light... like I had lost 20 pounds.   I like this picture a lot.

 
Then end of the day at the beach. Beautiful sunset.


This is a shot of where my uncle lives year round.  A beautiful view.


 
Feeling the breeze. Me and my 10 pound water repellent coat.  HAPPY!!


 
This picture is for Holden.  It felt like an old weapon you could use for hunting in the old days.  Boy I miss my grandbabies.  And of course Amber and Luke.  Wish they were here with us!!

 hehe  This was taken by my camera as I was putting it away in my pocket.  I like this picture.  It sums up the feeling of the ocean very well I thought.

Corny but love it.  We were just leaving for our ocean walk.
 

 
 

  Treasure!!

 


 
This was just before the storm that night.
 
 





  Oh us again,  Brother!!
 
 
 
Then came the fishing trip for Tim. 
 
 
It was an early morning start.  Pretty harbour picture.



 
There was fish for supper.  I'm glad that Tim took the opportunity to try this.  He might go out again.
 
 
Then we took a wonderful day trip to Aarhus.  We took the train which is about an hour + a few minutes into the city center.  Then the walking began.  We figured about 5 km.  It was a cold day.  I under dressed (very unusual for me).  but all in all it was fantastic.  We found this store that only made Floe boller (this kind of marshmellowy filling piled HIGH on this tasty wafer and covered with different kinds of chocolate.  |faint|) Oh it was so good.  I bought six and yes, I shared them :)
 
 
 
this was a shot of a girl waiting for the train.  Etched tempered glass for a wind shelter.  It turned out pretty good.
Just a shot of the street we were on.

A restaurant that we passed.
 
 
I didn't really get many pictures here.  We were busy walking and getting down to the big department store Magazine.  It was so packed that we turned around.  Finally found a polse vogne (hotdog stand) to grab a quick bite and then back to the train.  We will go back again in January.
 
 
 
Our little jaunt to the Lighthouse 
Forneus. That is probably spelled wrong.
 
 
The lighthouse


the road down to the ocean


 This was the day the big storm was brewing.  The waves were wild and it was cold out. Tim was too close to the shore in my humble opinion :)
 
 
 
 
So this finishes the blogging for another day.  I will have to post the photo's of Gammel Estrup later today or this evening.  Love to you all.  Hugs to the babies that are waiting at home for our return!
 
 





2 comments:

  1. nice pictures mom! we miss you guys but we're glad you are having fun <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes we really are having a great time... off to Copenhagen in the morning then off to Paris on Monday................. can't contain myself lol

      Delete